Recognition of certificates
The IPMA certification provides international peer recognition of one’s competence. It compliments and enhances other technical, business or other equivalent qualifications such as the
European qualification framework system, by demonstrating that an individual is also competent in the crucial ability to manage projects. It assists in the recognition of the transferability of an individual’s skills from one organisation or industry to another. Also, through participation in the certification process, individuals enhance their confidence in their project management and general business competence.
- provides a benchmark
- classifies knowledge
- enhances competence of specialists in project management
- enhances confidence in clients that the organisation can handle their business efficiently and cost effectively
- gives knowledge in the following directions: basic terms, tasks, practices, skills, functions, management processes, methods, techniques and tools that are used in project management
- gives special knowledge and experience, where appropriate, of innovative and advanced practices used in more limited
- offers access to the technical, behavioural and contextual competence elements of project management
Benefits of certification
multi-level certification system offers the opportunity to reflect developing competence. The certificates awarded to individuals are based on typical project, programme and portfolio management roles carried out in practice. These roles in organisations are the possible career paths for people to move from secondary education into an organisation in a role in the project management profession. These levels provide a suitable framework for developing career paths in organisations as well as for creating development programmes for individuals and organisations.
Who may apply?
Each candidate should have higher education in any specialty, independently of certification level.
The Certification Body of the Project Managers Development Association of Nigeria offers this certification:
1. Certification System of the International Project Management Association IPMA ®